Prospective candidates who were educated in another country must have their foreign transcripts evaluated to determine if the candidate meets the Board's academic requirement before making application to sit for the Examination. Please review the Foreign Transcript Evaluation section of the Academic Requirements section of this site.
An applicant must submit the following documents, if applicable:
1) transcript showing degree and all completed credits from college or university sent directly to the Board office;
2) passport style photo (2"x2");
4) name change documents
5) foreign transcript evaluation from NIES; and
6) completed Character Witness form
An applicant must complete the following steps in the order listed:
(1) Contact college or university to send transcript(s) directly to the board office electronically or by mail
(2) Download and print the Character Reference Form . This form is to be completed by three individuals, other than relatives who know you and are competent and willing to act as a reference with respect to your personal character. The character references must attest to the Character Reference Statement on the form. You will be asked to upload this form while completeing your online application.
(3) Complete Online Application
(4) Complete electronic payment of $10.00, when prompted, at the end of the online application.
Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process your Exam Application once all information has been submitted.
There are four exam parts: Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (REG), and Regulation (REG)
You must complete a new Intent to Sit application.
Once you have a passing score, you have 18 months to pass the other three parts before the first passing scores expires.
You must login to your Gateway account to access and print your NTS.
You can get your scores by logging into your Gateway account.
You may notify the Board of any contact information changes by sending an email to email@example.com .
You may schedule and sit for an exam at any prometric site in any state.