Text Size:

What are the education requirements to qualify to sit for the CPA Examination as a West Virginia Candidate?

In order to qualify to sit for the Examination as a West Virginia candidate, one must have obtained a baccalaureate or higher degree from an accredited college or university.  The transcripts must indicate that one has met the specific-course requirements. Candidates with a Masters or Doctorate (Ph.D.) in accounting or accountancy have automatically met the course requirement necessary for approval to sit.

  How do I apply to take the CPA Examination as a West Virginia candidate?

Please review the information available on the Application Procedures section of this site.

What if I was educated outside the United States? 

Prospective candidates who were educated in another country must have their foreign transcripts evaluated to determine if the candidate meets the Board's academic requirement before making application to sit for the Examination. Please review the Foreign Transcript Evaluation section of the Academic Requirements section of this site.

Second part of answer

What other documents are required to be submitted with my exam application?

An applicant must submit the following documents, if applicable:
~transcripts from all colleges and universities sent directly to the Board office;
~passport style photo (2"x2");
~name change documents
~foreign transcript evaluation from NIES; and 
~completed Character Witness form

What are the steps in the application process?


How long does it take to process my application?

Please allow a minimum of two weeks to process your Exam Application once all information has been submitted.

How many Exam parts are there?

There are four exam parts: Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Business Environment and Concepts (BEC), Financial Accounting and Reporting (REG), and Regulation (REG)

How do I apply/reapply to sit for a section(s) of the Exam?


How long do I have to pass all sections of the Exam?


How do I reprint my Notice to Schedule (NTS)?


May I get my Exam scores online?


How do I notify the Board of any address or name changes?


How can I schedule to take parts of the Examination when I am working out-of-state?


Page Updated: 3/13/2017 2:55:42 PM