New Website Brings New ServicesBy Brenda Turley, Executive Director 4/11/2017
As you know, the Board awarded our e-licensing software contract to Albertson's Consulting in Minot, North Dakota in January 2016. Since then, Board staff have been meeting weekly to create our forms and business rules and make the product available to licensees, board members and the public.
The new system brings many advantages, a few of which are enumerated below:
- Accepts exam, firm permit and licensure applications as well as change of address information anytime of the day/night/weekend 24/7;
- Gives licensees control of information updates in a secure, online environment;
- Automated workflow between applicant, Board staff and Board members;
- Faster turn-around for application approval;
- Tablet, pc, smartphone and mobile friendly;
- Auto email notifications to licensees;
- Better internal controls over financial transactions; and
- Better document management to decrease paper files and staff time.
Everything we hoped to accomplish through this online system has not been completely developed for the public yet. Until then, we are looking forward to your feedback. The Board and Board staff want this to be your data system. Please let us know what we are doing right and if anything can be improved upon.