Agency Header

Renew Now

TwitterFacebook Text size A  A  A

 File A Complaint

The complaint form is available for use in advising this Board of any problems which require its attention. Print a copy of the Complaint Form. Complete all questions, and mail with supporting documentation to the Board office address on the form.

Once the Board office receives a written complaint, a copy of the complaint is provided to the CPA,  Public Accountant or accounting firm for response. The Complainant and Respondent are notified of Board actions by letter.

Upon receipt of the complaint, the Board shall issue one of the following acknowledgements to the complainant:

  1. That the matter will be reviewed by the Board;
  2. That the complaint is outside the jurisdiction of the Board; or,
  3. That more information will be required in order to adequately review the complaint.

In many cases verbal complaints are received, but the complainant fails to follow up with a written complaint. The Board cannot conduct an investigation without written submission of the complaint to the Board office.

It should be noted that the Board cannot arbitrate fee disputes.

Until final action has been taken and made a part of public record, the Board is unable to confirm to any inquirers if any complaints have been received against a specific CPA or PA or an accounting firm.

Any questions regarding these procedures should be directed to the Board office.  

Privacy, Security and Accessibility | WV.gov | USA.gov | © 2017 State of West Virginia