- The CPA Examination Application is received in the Board office, date stamped and checked for completeness and compliance with Board requirements.
- Personal information and various other data are recorded on the Board's data system and the fee is recorded and deposited.
- The application is forwarded to two Board members for approval.
- Applications are returned back to Board office for submission of approved applications to NASBA's data system.
- The Board generates an Approval Letter to the examination candidate.
- NASBA processes the data submitted by the Board and generates a Payment Coupon to the candidate.
- The candidate receives the Payment Coupon from NASBA and makes payment for the Exam Section(s) to be taken by credit card online at: www.nasba.org/exams/cpaexam/westvirginia/ or by phone: 1-800-MYNASBA (696-2722). (You may also use this phone number if you are having problems paying on NASBA’s web site.)
- The candidate receives a Notice to Schedule (NTS) from NASBA.
- The candidate uses the information from the NTS to arrange a date and time to test for Exam Section(s). (Schedule your exam at www.prometric.com/CPA or 800-580-9648) [NASBA encourages candidates to use the online scheduler])
- The candidate sits for Exam Section(s) at scheduled date and time. (Remember to bring your NTS and identification documents to the Testing Center).
- Completed exams are transmitted to AICPA from the Testing Center.
- Scores are released to NASBA from AICPA in no particular order.
- NASBA generates a Grade Results report to each candidate by e-mail notifications.
- NASBA electronically provides the Board with all Grade Results information.
- The Board provides confirmation in writing when the Candidate passes all four parts of the examination. (Information regarding the Application for Licensure is included.)
- The Successful Candidate Listing is released to state newspapers and published on the Board's website.
Last updated: December 10, 2012